Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Materialisms" at Allegheny College

Today I drove up to Meadville, PA to install work for "Materialisms" in the gallery at Allegheny College. Last fall, former curator Robert Raczka invited me to create a gallery-ready document of my ongoing coyote-tracks-in-asphalt project (that's actually the working title, I suppose, or at least the one I kick around in my head) for this exhibit. I brought in one of the bronze track casts, which sits on a small platform in the middle of the floor, and three photos I took back in November of some of the tracks in-situ. The presentation is pretty minimal given the generous amount of space I was alloted, but I'm pleased with it all the same. Carin Mincemoyer and I were invited to speak about each of our projects at the opening reception on Tuesday, January 20.

Other artists in the show: Liana Dragoman, Ryder Henry, Matt Kenyon, Nayda Collazo-Llorens, Keny Marshall, Carin Mincemoyer, James Nestor, Ed Parrish, Jr., Adam Welch, and Tessa Windt. The exhibit will be up through March 4.

No comments: