Friday, August 31, 2012

Collecting Imagery at Interference Archive

I just got back from a two-day semi-annual planning retreat with the Justseeds Artists' Cooperative, with 2012 being our 5 year anniversary of working as a cooperative project. We met at the Interference Archive near Park Slope in New York City, a new archive focusing on global grassroots movement graphics and publications founded by friends Dara Greenwald and Josh MacPhee.

After the (exhausting) weekend of meetings, I spent the better half of Monday and Tuesday attempting to document all of the instances of raised fists in the graphics and publications housed at Interference. My intention is to make a frame-by-frame animation from these illustrations in the next month, which I will post here as soon as I take a couple weeks of downtime (read: NOT looking for fists on everything I see!) and coordinate my thoughts on how to move forward with the sheer mountain of photos I collected.

For those interested in an easy-to-use format for creating a copy-stand for shooting flat work on the fly, I went with this set-up suggested by Konrad Lawson over at ProfHacker.

No comments: