Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DIYDPW - a new blog series

This morning I've posted the first installment of what I hope will be a regular, weekly blog post every Wednesday on Justseeds highlighting global examples of Do It Yourself Department of Public Works (DIYDPW) projects (I wish I had come up with that acronym, but I owe the idea idea to a friend). Basically, I would define these as any examples of municipal signage or infrastructure, generated by citizens outside of state-sanctioned means, that fulfill a perceived need in the situation within which they are installed. I'll be focusing specifically on street signage and way-finding graphics, and I'll be taking contributions from Justseeds blog readers. Do you have a photo of a great handmade (or otherwise DIY) sign that fixes a problem the local municipality had otherwise overlooked? Send it my way. Email (include a web-ready image and location found) to DIYDPW at gmail dot com

No comments: